Chief Executive, musiCEA, 2017
Founder and Director, Kodaly Society of India, 2016
Kodaly Teacher Training, Kodaly Institute, Hungary, 2016.
First Indian Music Teacher to train from Ferenc Liszt Academy of Music, Kodaly Institute, Hungary, 2016
Representative of International Music Examination Board, Australia, 2016
First Piano Teacher of India to participate in Franz Liszt Piano Competition, Germany, 2014
Founder, Yuva Music Festival, 2014
Founder and President, Calcutta Music Foundation, 2012
Represented India at Tagore Festival, Russia, 2011
Studied Music Education and Teaching at University of Music Wurzburg, Germany, 2010
Received the Best Music Teacher’s Award from Trinity College London since 2005 to 2011
Performed at the Sandre Hall on the occasion of the Farewell Concert of Ex Governor Shri Gopal Krishna Gandhi
Founder, Academy for Musical Excellence, 2010
Surendranth Majumdar has been pioneering music education in India. He has started several visionary initiatives aimed at systematic and structured music education, proper evaluation, promote Indian Music and culture, standardize music education, create jobs and earning opportunities for music teachers, amatuer musicians, create a platform for upcoming artists and create International standard Indian Musicians.
As Kodaly said, “music education starts nine month before the birth of a child”, Surendranath also understands the same. Surendranath Majumdar has adressed the specific requirements of different age groups with his visionary initiatives. Collectively all initiaves aim at Music Literacy for All.
- Kodaly Music Education from birth till six years of age. Specialised classes conducted by Kodaly India.
- Vocal and Instrumental learning from six years with no upper age bar fixed at the Academy for Musical Excellence.
- Teachers Training for Kodaly Music Education (for 0-6 years), Vocal and Instrumental Music (for 6 years and above) and for Music Teachers Training for Children with special needs.
- Evaluation by musiCEA. The only music examination board which integrates international benchmark of music education with India specific curriculum. Aimed at promoting and preserving Indian culture along with providing students international standard music education.
- Yuva Music Festival, the most diversified music festival assisting upcoming, amatuer musicians and artists with a free and fair platform to showcase their expertise, build audience base, get media attention and network with musicians. The most desired platform sought by all aspiring children and youth.
- Music for All, initiative for music education of under privileged children and sharing music with all sections of the society like old age homes, special children, correction homes and more.
- Surendranath Majumdar is writing books on Keyboards, Theory of Music and other relevant subjects aimed at providing International standard books to Indian students at an extremely affordable rate.
- Youth Motivation and Inspiration, initive to connect with children and youth to create a sensitive and positive society and build a culturally strong India.