"Teaching in schools will improve if we first train good teachers!”
Teachers play the most important role in building a society. It is true for music teachers too. Teachers develop the student's ear, voice, and instrument playing skills, provide a comprehensive musical knowledge and install love and passion for music. For this reason, a properly trained pool of music educators are required, who has a good selection of music either specifically created or from music from one’s own culture, which will be readily available for children and beginners".
Qualified music teachers will showcase:
- Love and compassion for children
- Actively support in the development of the child
- Proper music training aimed at teaching the children
- Clear concepts of music theory
- High on motivation and purpose
- Ability to give and share
Prerequisite for a Kodály Music Teacher
- Love children and feel comfortable spending time with them.
- Enthusiasm for singing, activities and ability to motivate students.
- Ability to sing in tune and rhythm.
- Playing instruments though not compulsary will provide added benefits.
- Open to learn new concepts and ideas.
- Prepared to explore and innovate.
- A patient, positive, compassionate and encouraging approach.
- Good communication skills.
- Lot of energy, self-motivation and organisational skills.
- Polite yet firm, diciplined, playful and punctual.